We have to give it to ourselves that we mostly enhance our brains by learning something parenting related… I mean thats what I do for a living now… but nonetheless.
Im a bit sneaky with Facebook because I accept all invites but only follow a few. I like to have followers as I would like to have a positive influence in as many lives as possible but some people really don’t add any benefit to my life. That may seem a bit prejudice but hear me out…
Some of the most annoying time consuming posts for me on Facebook are:
- Cryptic posts like, “You don’t know how it is…” I really think everyone must hate this so I don’t get why people still make posts like these. No one gets what you are saying so what is the point in posting?
- Self-Promoters. Don’t get me wrong, Facebook is a great tool for doing business and thats exactly how I’m using it, but if you’re using Facebook as a marketing tool you gotta show people some sign of life going on in your profile. If your whole wall is filled with your own marketing it shows that you are not engaging in other people’s lives or their businesses, which means you are dead weight on their walls.
- Details of your life… we don’t want to know what people had for breakfast or that they are going to work now.
- Crabby People gets up my nose. If you read enough negative comments in one day, you will become negative. I’m not talking of the odd negative thing people really want to share from time to time, I do it too sometimes but there are people that basically just have a cranky wall.
- The Quiz-taker. Some people, after taking random quizzes think they really are geniuses or that the 20 questions they answered can really give them their life changing career choice. I hate to burst your bubble but they they simply don’t.
- Game invitations. Need I say more?
So how do you de-clutter your wall in order to de-clutter your brain?