You know what I love most about being a Blogger Mom? Educational Apps… yes I play around with them a little more than I should. No. I play with them a lot more than I should!
I’ve been a gamer since childhood. Man that sounds so awesome but actually I hate the gruesome supposedly cool violent games and find myself mainly sticking to childlike Arcade games where you can collect animated fruit or coins. Yes I am a dork, I have said it before and I will say it again!
So as a “gamer” if you could call me that, it just makes sense to me that you can use fun combined with technology to your advantage by educating your child with limited supervised access to educational apps.
I actually manage to limit screen time in my house so when they are allowed to play with the iPad they just love games like this new gem I found called KidloLand.
It’s no surprise to me that KidloLand was the Academics’ Choice Smart Media Award winner of 2016.
KidloLand is the biggest App I have had yet! Don’t worry, that doesn’t mean it’s going to take a whole lot of space on your device. What makes this fun App so cool is that you can actually decide what you want to download from the arsenal of games and stories on the menu.
One thing I have come to realise with some of the other Apps was that the kids grow out of them as soon as they have mastered the skills to learn from the games on it. That’s where this game hits it right on the mark by offering lots and lots of options without you having to download it all from the start.
One of the favourites in our house are the coloring apps- color in monsters, boats or the alphabet and press play when you’re done to see the monster dancing for joy.
The dress up game allows kids to dress a bear in different professions- this is a favourite with my son.
My daughter loves the nursery rhymes and stories to bits… who doesn’t love stories? They are so good for listening skills and opens up a whole imaginary world to play with.
Popping alphabet balloons and listening to phonics songs are some of the must do’s I always throw in before they are allowed to play their favourites and since they are super fun anyway, they don’t really protest all that much of course.
Every month KidloLand uploads new content and I am very excited about what’s coming up soon… Hundreds of new songs to teach seasons, weather, professions, good habits, manners, etc. Also watch out for hundreds of preschool games and activities!
What you’ll find in the land of KidloLand:
- 95+ nursery rhyme favorites
- 280+ fun & original children’s songs
- 55 exciting, educational and fun stories
- 400+ educational activities and games
- THOUSANDS of interactive surprises
- Download songs to use offline- Perfect for road trips, flights, waiting rooms and more, or just to keep your kids engaged at home
- Create playlists
- New content every month
- Certified safe for kids by the KidSAFE program.
- Always AD FREE.
– Subscribe to get access to full content including future updates.
– Three options: $4.99/ month, $24.99/ 6 months or the best value: $39.99/ year.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Cancel subscription renewal anytime under Manage App Subscriptions in your iTunes Settings.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
– Use the subscription in any iPad/iPhone/iPod registered with your Apple account.
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
WIN a 3 Month Subscription to KidloLand!!! Enter now!
Three lucky winners can win a 3 Month Subscription to KidloLand. Competition ends Thursday 24 Nov. Get BONUS ENTRIES by Tweeting every week, but remember to do it through the rafflecopter entry form below to make your entries count. Enter below now!