Memory jars are an easy craft that can function as a sentimental gift or interactive activity for you and your child. A bonus: it’s cheap to make!
All you need to make a fun memory jar is an old mason jar or box, decorated however you’d like. You can use stickers, markers, ribbons or any other craft supplies to decorate the jar. Then, print out these memory jar prompts or create your own to start filling the memory jar with sentimental, funny or heartwarming anecdotes.
You can place the memory jar on a communal shelf or special place in your home so you and your children can look back on your fun times together whenever you’d like. Alternatively, you can create a memory jar for your child throughout their child or teen years, then gift it to them on a special birthday or before they move out for college.
See how to make a memory jar below:
- Old mason jar, box or vase
- Labels or markers
- Ribbons, stickers, glitter or other craft supplies
- Attach a label to your memory jar, or use a marker to write “Memories”
- Decorate the jar with stickers, ribbons or glitter until you’re happy with the design
- Print out memory jar prompts or cut a piece of paper into equal, small sections
- Write memories on prompts using a pen and place into the jar
And voila! You’re all set to start keeping those special memories alive.
Here are some free printables to go with your memory jar!
Click on the links below to download!